Critical Thinking And Leadership As A Part Of Business Education
Businessmen should learn to develop their potential and acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them to contribute to a healthy society and a prosperous and sustainable economy. To develop an efficient and prosperous economy, there’s a need for people who understand the economic principles and own creativity and skills needed for the innovative application of these principles.
To participate actively in the life of the society, we must be aware of the impact of economic forces on our daily lives. So you have to have some economic culture to fully understand the scope of economic changes that bring individuals, businesses and companies to make critical choices about relating to the allocation of resources. As national economies depend on more in addition to each other, individuals and companies have to understand both the economic forces that shape the society and moral considerations related to their decisions.
The study of economics and business provides students a host of strategies they will be able to use, as citizens, in their public and private lives. The skills that students acquire in terms of research, evaluation, communication, collaboration and technology are assets, but they also raise awareness of the value of cooperation and competition in their social, personal enterprises and professional.
Business and leadership
Those who follow business education today are the leaders of tomorrow. They must be able to consider the long-term consequences problems and changes that occur in their environment, in their country and in the world. They must be confident in their ability to respond effectively to challenges that arise. The programs of business education and economics emphasize creative and critical thinking in autonomous and cooperative activities and offer students opportunities to put into practice their skills and knowledge in various situations.
The rapid evolution of technology has an affect our family, our place of work, our community and our environment. For example, people change are often employed and have to adapt to new working conditions. In such a world, flexibility and entrepreneurship are qualities that are becoming more and more necessary. Business education prepares students for this new reality in integrating the challenges of technology, recognizing the new roles assumed by women and men and by promoting the concept of lifelong learning.
What is business education?
Business education programs and of the economy are the foundations that allow students to understand the concepts of economy and trade as well as their applications. Business is the process by which people, companies and companies interact in order to improve their economic well-being by the exchange of products, services and ideas.
In such a process, the ability to take individual decisions based on choice is essential.
The commercial system must respond to four major questions:
• What should we produce with the resources we have?
• How to make products and provide services?
• How to distribute products and services?
• How to effectively manage and ensure production and distribution of products and services?
The business education program addresses these issues by progressively introducing a set of business concepts and skills that match the reasoning more and more students, to their level of skill and their awareness of business at home, in their middle and in the global market. This program study helps students understand the business world, both as an integrated field and as an integration enterprise.
The business education and economics courses provide a framework for integrating various perspectives: those of small businesses, companies, public authorities, trade unions, workers, economists and entrepreneurs. The perspective of employees, consumers and employers are also taken into consideration. These courses insist on respect ethical and environmental standards in the workplace and in the business and consumer practices.
Teaching strategies are expected to be adapted, modified, combined and organized to meet the needs of students and local requirements. The proposed teaching strategies may be taken by the students individually, in pairs or in small groups.
The focus is on the following strategies:
• Strategies using technology The ability to use technology to solve problems is a skill essential in the workplace and an important “new basic knowledge”. The students use technology in education
to business and economics to access information.
• Strategies to develop practical skills to perceive the economy and business, which must be designed to help students understand the world who surrounds them and recognize and solve
• Strategies that promote development ability to work alone and in groups. The workplace demands that we work effectively. Students must experience the dynamics of group work to better understand the process of problems solving. As part of the group work, we insist on skills like collaboration, communication, leadership and cooperation.
• Strategies that promote the development of critical thinking and research skills. To make informed and responsible choices critical thinking plays an important role. If you insist on critical thinking, it’s not just for the purpose of deepening students’ knowledge in the business and economics, but also in that of fostering their ability to think critically about business and the economy.